The service will stream coverage of two featured holes on Saturday and Sunday of each event as the full telecast airs simultaneously on CBS or NBC (featured hole coverage typically shows alternate angles of athletes and their approach to the selected holes). PGA Tour organizers will select the featured holes for each day, ESPN said.
In March, the Tour announced “PGA Tour Live on ESPN+,” a nine-year domestic rights agreement slated to begin in 2022. The deal is set to bring golf fans more than 4,000 hours of live coverage from 36 tournaments a year, including a full four days of coverage at 28 events with four simultaneous live feeds each day.
“We’re excited to be adding live PGA TOUR coverage to ESPN+ as this season resumes, and we look forward to ESPN+ being the future home of PGA TOUR LIVE beginning in 2022,” Russell Wolff, ESPN+ executive vice president and general manager, said.
The following is the TV schedule for the remaining 2020 PGA Tour broadcasts:
- June 13-14 | Charles Schwab Challenge – Fort Worth, TX on CBS
- June 20-21 | RBC Heritage – Hilton Head, SC on CBS
- June 27-28 | Travelers Championship – Cromwell, CT on CBS
- July 4-5 | Rocket Mortgage Classic – Detroit, MI on CBS
- July 11-12 | TBD (Replacement for John Deere Classic) – Dublin, OH on CBS
- July 18-19 | The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide – Dublin, OH on CBS
- July 25-26 | 3M Open – Blaine, MN on CBS
- August 1-2 | WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational – Memphis, TN on CBS
- August 15-16 | Wyndham Championship – Greensboro, NC on CBS
- August 22-23 | FedExCup Playoffs: THE NORTHERN TRUST – Norton, MA on CBS
- August 29-30 | FedExCup Playoffs: BMW Championship – Olympia Fields, IL on NBC
- September 6-7 | FedExCup Playoffs: TOUR Championship – Atlanta, GA on NBC
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PGA Tour has canceled 11 events originally scheduled for March through July of this year.
ESPN+, which launched in April 2018, currently has about 7.9 million subscribers, according to the announcement.
Photo credit: Charles Schwab Challenge Twitter account