What is the Amazon Fire TV Cube? Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Amazon’s Latest Streaming Device
It will be available on June 21 for $119.99, but you can pre-order the device today for only $89.99, plus get $10 Prime Video credit.
Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Use as a Universal Remote: Control your TV, sound bar, cable or satellite box, receiver, and more with just your voice.
- Ask Alexa Anything: Check the weather, listen to the news, control compatible smart home devices, and use Alexa Skills—even with the TV off.
- Supports 4K Ultra HD, up to 60 fps, HDR, and Dolby Atmos audio
- It supports Ethernet, the latest 802.11ac dual-band MIMO Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Can access 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, NBC, and more.
- Add Amazon Music Unlimited for only $3.99/month
What makes the Amazon Fire TV Cube different?
Unlike previous Fire TV devices, the Fire TV Cube is a combination of an Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV, and a Universal Remote.
With the Fire TV Cube, you will be control your Television, Cable/Satellite Set-Top Box, Sound Bar, Speakers, and A/V Receivers hands-free with just your voice.
Users will be able to use voice control to turn their TV On/Off, switch inputs, change volume, change channels, and find things to watch.
Since the device uses both Infrared (IR) and HDMI-CEC — it will work with over 90% of TVs, sound bars, A/V receivers, and cable and satellite boxes.
They’ve also added an Ethernet port and doubled the storage to 16GB.
How is the Amazon Fire TV Cube different from Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick?
Just like the Fire TV — it supports 4K Ultra HD, up to 60 fps and Dolby Atmos audio which matches that of the latest Amazon Fire TV device.
You will also be able to enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, NBC, and more.
How can I order the Amazon Fire TV Cube?
The device will be begin shipping on June 21st.