New to Streaming This Week (6/21/21), Including ‘False Positive’ and ‘Bosch’
Lucy (Ilana Glazer) and Adrian (Justin Theroux) need help in conceiving, but after she becomes pregnant, Lucy realizes something is amiss. Her charming doctor (Pierce Brosnan) is more sinister than sane.
Season seven, the final season of “Bosch” on Amazon Prime Video, has the tough LAPD homicide detective (Titus Welliver) relentlessly tracking down who started an arson fire that claimed several lives, including the life of a child.
Monday, June 21
- “Backyard Builds: Complete Seasons 1 – 4” (Hulu) Contractor Brian McCourt and design expert Sarah Keenleyside showcase all the outdoor design options.
- “Junior Chef Showdown: Complete Seasons 1 – 2” (Hulu) Youngsters demonstrate their cooking expertise.
- “Dateline Collection: Twisted Motives” (Peacock) Kansas prisoner John Manard escapes with the help of Toby Dorr, a prison volunteer and mother of two in the true-crime series.
Bosch Es una serie de televisión americana de género policiaco producida por Amazon y protagoniza Titus Welliver, como el detective de Policía de Los Angeles, Harry Bosch. La serie fue desarrollada para Amazon por Eric Overmyer y se está inspirada por tres de las novelas de Michael Connelly: Ciudad de Huesos, Echo Park y La rubia de hormigón.
Tuesday, June 22
- “Mysteries of Mental Illness” (PBS) The doc explores mental illness in science and society.
- “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” (HBO Max) Gumbel hosts the award-winning magazine show featuring sports interviews and profiles of athletes.
- “This Is Pop” (Netflix) Discover the real stories behind popular songs.
Wednesday, June 23
- The Sentencing of Derek Chauvin (Haystack News), Coverage begins today. Chauvin is expected to be sentenced for the murder of George Floyd on June 25. Haystack News will carry the sentencing live, plus coverage and analysis before and after the event.
- “College Bowl: Series Premiere” (Hulu) Universities pit some of their best students against each other.
- “Olympic Dreamers, Season 1” (Peacock) The show looks at rising stars and their push to be Olympic athletes.
- “Loki - Episode 103” (Disney+) The God of Mischief steps out of his brother’s shadow. Tim Hiddleston stars.
- “The House of Flowers” (Netflix) The De La Mora siblings break into their old family home to retrieve hidden treasure.
It offers a good selection of current TV shows and its ad-supported tier is cheaper than both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. You will be able to watch most shows from networks like ABC, NBC, Fox, and cable channels like Bravo, USA Network, FXX, FXM, HGTV, and more.
The service has a Limited Commercials plan for US$5,99 a month, or you can upgrade to their No Ads plan for US$11,99 a month. For US$64,99 a month, you can get Hulu Live TV from major cable channels, live locals and regional sports networks.
Thursday, June 24
- “LFG” (HBO Max) An inside look at the U.S. women’s national soccer team’s fight for equal pay.
- “An American Haunting” (Hulu) A modern-day teen’s nightmares are connected to an 1817 curse on the family. It’s based, in part, on a true story.
- “The Seventh Day” (Netflix) A renowned exorcist aligns with a rookie priest as they confront good and evil.
- “Sisters on Track” (Netflix) A coming-of-age story reveals the sisterhood of young athletes.
Friday June 25
- “Explota Explota” (Aka My Heart Goes Boom!) (HBO) An emotional movie based on the hit songs of Italian singer Raffaella Carrà.
- “Pause with Sam Jay, Season 1 Finale” (HBO) A new, half-hour, late-night talk series with the Emmy-nominated stand-up comedian.
- “Wolfgang” (Disney+) A documentary about the famed chef and his road from troubled Austrian childhood to restaurant success.
- “Bosch –Season 7” (Amazon Prime Video) In the final season, the detective investigates an arson fire that claims five lives, including a 10-year-old girl and two mothers, one that was pregnant.
- “September Mornings (Manhãs de Setembro), Season 1” (Amazon Prime Video) The journey of a trans woman who leaves her hometown to live freely.
Amazon Prime Video is a subscription video streaming service that includes on-demand access to 10,000+ movies, TV shows, and Prime Originals like Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming, and more.