At only $40, the updated Roku Premiere is the cheapest 4K streaming device on the market. In comparison, the Chromecast Ultra and Amazon Fire TV are $69.99, while the Apple TV 4K is $179.99.
The device streams 4K HDR10 and includes 802.11n Wi-Fi, quad-core processor, and a IR remote.
They also announced an updated Roku Premiere+ which will be sold exclusively at Walmart for $49.99. The device is identical to the Roku Premiere but includes the Roku Voice Remote which includes the ability to control your TV power and volume.
- Clear, immersive picture quality in HD, 4K Ultra HD and 4K HDR
- Powerful quad-core processor
- Low profile form factor
- Includes Premium high-speed HDMI cable
- Easy to use remote with channel shortcut buttons
- 802.11 (b/g/n)
- Dolby® and DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Voice remote with TV power & volume buttons (Roku Premiere+ only)
Roku is also doing a minor update to their Roku Ultra device. While the device itself has no major changes, they will now include JBL earbuds with the box. The price will remain $99.99, but the earbuds are ~$40 value.
- Premium JBL headphones for private listening ($39.95 value)
- The ultimate in connectivity offering both Ethernet 10/100 and 802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless
- Enhanced voice remote with TV power and volume buttons, headphone jack for private listening, gaming buttons
- Lost remote finder button on the device now with SportsCenter’s DaDaDa from ESPN and HBO’s * Game of Thrones theme song
- USB port for local media playback
- Dolby and DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Night listening mode
The devices are available for pre-order today, but will start shipping in early October.