CNN+ Releases Full Lineup of Live, On-Demand Shows for Spring Launch
Today, CNN+ released its full slate of original content that will be available to subscribers when the service launches this spring. CNN+ will feature live, on-demand, and interactive programming such as live daily and weekly news shows, more than a thousand hours of CNN Original Series, and nearly two dozen CNN Films.
The platform will also be the home for over 100 episodes of CNN Special Reports, including two dozen specials from Fareed Zakaria and four of Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s specials on health. Premium documentary specials called Pop Docs, which explore the buzziest pop culture stories, will also live on CNN+.
CNN+ subscribers will also have access to 40 years of history as told by CNN, including programs and events from the cabler’s archive like “Larry King Live,” as well as coverage of historic moments from the fall of the Berlin Wall to the Challenger disaster and the first Gulf War.
“Nothing like CNN+ exists in the marketplace, and no one other than CNN could create the kind of product we’re going to deliver,” Andrew Morse, CNN EVP, Chief Digital Officer and Head of CNN+ said. “CNN+ will offer world-class journalism, premium storytelling, smart perspectives on the news, and an interactive community for passionate news junkies.”
CNN will transition to a single CNN app that will offer access to both CNN+ and TVE experiences. CNN+ customers can explore a range of new content whereas Pay TV customers can enjoy the TVE experience that they’ve known for years, including exclusive access to the network’s linear TV feeds of CNN, CNN International and HLN, as well as a substantial on-demand offering.
“CNN+ is an exciting new chapter in CNN’s history, and offers us the opportunity to launch CNN+ Original Series and expand our CNN Films footprint as we produce fresh and engaging programming exclusive to our new subscription service,” said Amy Entelis, EVP for Talent & Content Development, CNN Worldwide. “We are thrilled to add new offerings to the extensive library of CNN Original Series and CNN Films produced over the last decade, which will now be available in one place for CNN+ subscribers.”
Content offerings for 2022 and beyond will be released in the weeks, months, and years to come.
Related: Everything We Know About CNN+ So Far - Launch Date, Subscription Price, Programming, and More
Weekday, Daily Programming
- 5 Things with Kate Bolduan: Hosted by CNN Anchor Kate Bolduan, the new morning show gets viewers up to speed with the top five essential stories they need to know to start the day.
- Big Picture with Sara Sidner: Sara Sidner takes an in-depth look at the most important story of the day. The show will also feature CNN’s reporters and expert guests.
- The Global Brief with Bianca Nobilo: The Global Brief with Bianca Nobilo is an incisive look at the most important international news stories in the last 24 hours — providing unrivaled depth and quality for busy CNN+ viewers in a fast-moving world.
- Go There: The show takes viewers behind the scenes with CNN’s reporters and correspondents stationed around the world. The show will provide insight into the biggest news stories of the day.
- The Newscast with Wolf Blitzer: Anchor Wolf Blitzer touches base on the headlines you need to know with original reporting from around the world, investigations, and consumer-focused stories.
- Reliable Sources Daily: From New York to Hollywood to Silicon Valley – CNN’s Chief Media Correspondent and Anchor Brian Stelter brings together all the headlines from across the media landscape.
- The Source with Kasie Hunt: Watch Anchor and Chief National Affairs Analyst Kasie Hunt travel around the nation’s capital to dissect the power structures behind policies impacting communities across the country. In addition, there will be exclusive interviews, in-depth analysis, and insights.
- Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace?: CNN+ Anchor Chris Wallace speaks with prominent individuals across the spectrum of news, sports, entertainment, art and culture.
- 20 Questions with Audie Cornish: Anchor Audie Cornish asks her guests 20 questions, who range from newsmakers to cultural icons.
- Anderson Cooper Full Circle: Anderson Cooper hosts a twice-weekly show that features interviews with authors, entertainers, mindfulness experts, and community leaders.
- Boss Files with Poppy Harlow: Anchor Poppy Harlow gets the answers and confessions from the biggest names in business and influential leaders.
- Cari & Jemele: Speak.Easy.: Co-hosts Jemele Hill & Cari Champion highlight the biggest headlines in sports, politics, and culture.
- Christiane Amanpour: The international correspondent will bring her unique global perspective to CNN+.
- The Don Lemon Show: CNN Anchor Don Lemon and his studio audience take on the most talkable news stories each week.
- Jake Tapper’s Book Club: CNN Anchor and Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper interviews a diverse roster of newsmaking authors about the story behind their bestselling and critically acclaimed books.
- Masters in Medicine with Dr. Sanjay Gupta: CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent and a practicing neurosurgeon, Dr. Sanjay Gupta helps viewers master their own health.
- Scott Galloway (Show title to be released at a later date): Author and business professor Scott Galloway makes bold predictions and provides his take on topics like business, tech, and society.
- Parental Guidance with Anderson Cooper: The new dad gets parenting advice from experts on topics like sleep schedules and screen time along with audience questions about relatable daily struggles.
- Rex Chapman: He’s celebrated the highs of NBA stardom, rebounded from the lows of opioid addiction, and reinvented himself through social media. If anyone can find the silver lining in today’s toughest headlines, it’s Rex Chapman. He brings heart and positivity to conversations with celebrities, athletes and everyday heroes.
Video on Demand Offerings
- The Land of the Giants: Titans of Tech: The five-part docu-series investigates the rise of Meta (formerly Facebook), Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google. There will be rarely seen archival footage and exclusive interviews from experts and tech insiders with a focus on Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Reed Hastings, Larry Page, and Sergey Brin. All episodes will be available to stream at launch.
- The Murdochs: Empire of Influence: The six-part series will explore the legacy of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, with exclusive reporting from The New York Times, interviews with people who worked inside the Murdoch companies, and decades of archival footage. All episodes will be available to stream at launch.
- Dionne Warwick: Don’t Make Me Over: The new film provides insights into Dionne Warwick’s rise to music superstardom from singing in her grandfather’s church to her six-Grammy Award-winning career.
- The Last Movie Stars: The six-chapter CNN Film explores the lives and love story of actors Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman. Directed by Ethan Hawke and executive produced by Martin Scorsese, there will be decades-old interviews that have been transcribed and recreated by George Clooney, Oscar Isaac, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, and Laura Linney. Sally Field, Melanie Griffith, and others are interviewed about the pair. “The Last Movie Stars” will premiere on CNN+ this summer.
CNN Original Series
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown2013 M04 14
Bourdain travels across the globe to uncover little-known areas of the world and celebrate diverse cultures by exploring food and dining rituals. Known for his curiosity, candor, and acerbic wit, Bourdain takes viewers off the beaten path of tourist destinations – including some war-torn parts of the world – and meets with a variety of local citizens to offer a window into their lifestyles, and occasionally communes with an internationally lauded chef on his journeys.
This Is Life with Lisa Ling2014 M09 28
Lisa Ling’s investigative documentary series goes behind the scenes to discover the secret societies within the American society.
Finding Jesus: Faith. Fact. Forgery2015 M03 1
A new insights into the historical Jesus, utilizing the latest scientific techniques and archaeological research.
The Wonder List with Bill Weir2015 M03 1
Storyteller Bill Weir and renowned filmmaker Philip Bloom embarks on a quest to tell the untold stories of extraordinary people, places, cultures and creatures that are at a crossroads.
United Shades of America2016 M04 24
Follow comedian and political gadfly W. Kamau Bell as he explores the far corners of our country and its various groups and subcultures.
Race for the White House2016 M03 6
From executive producers Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti, CNN Original Series “Race for the White House” captures the drama of how a high-stakes presidential election can turn on a single issue and so much more.
The History of Comedy2017 M02 9
Explore what makes us laugh, why, and how that’s influenced our social and political landscape throughout history.
American Dynasties: The Kennedys2018 M03 11
Explore the Kennedy family’s rise to power and how personal relationships within the Kennedy dynasty shaped national and global events from the Cold War to the Wall Street crash.
Pope: The Most Powerful Man in History2018 M03 11
A six part docuseries that explores how 12 apostles became 1.2 billion Catholics today and goes inside the Vatican to reveal the true power held by popes throughout the ages.
The Movies2019 M07 7
Explore American cinema through the decades and the cultural, societal and political shifts that framed its evolution.
First Ladies2020 M10 4
Blending in-depth interviews, rare archival footage, and cinematic recreations, this docuseries on the lives of America’s most iconic First Ladies is a bold revision of each woman’s traditional portrayal, revealing how they were impacted during their time in the White House, and how their achievements fundamentally shaped American and global history.
The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty2020 M02 16
From the producers of “The Kennedys,” this six-part miniseries tells the incredible, dramatic and emotional tale of the British Royal Family known as The Windsors. Using stunning archive and interviews with insiders and experts, the series weaves together the true story of the Windsor dynasty.
Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy2021 M02 14
Stanley Tucci travels across Italy to discover the secrets and delights of the country’s regional cuisines.
Lincoln: Divided We Stand2021 M02 14
Narrated by Sterling K. Brown, this six-part docuseries takes a comprehensive look at the remarkable and unexpected story of Abraham Lincoln by exploring his complicated inner world, seamlessly interweaving his tragic personal life with his history making political career. The series uses a mix of expert interviews, cinematic recreations, rare artifacts, and never before broadcast photos and letters to take viewers on a transcendent journey into the life and times of this iconic U.S. president.
LBJ: Triumph and Tragedy2022 M02 20
Weaving together dramatic first-hand accounts from the last surviving members of LBJ’s inner circle, never-before-broadcast archival material and LBJ’s own voice from secretly recorded audio tapes, this docuseries offers captivating look at one of the most consequential and enigmatic presidents in American history: Lyndon Baines Johnson.
Reframed: Marilyn Monroe2022 M01 16
Revisit the extraordinary story of a girl who sprang from nowhere to become the most famous woman in the world. Narrated by Golden Globe-winning actress Jessica Chastain and featuring a star-studded cast of female voices, this series re-examines Monroe’s story to uncover themes of feminism, sexuality and power that continue to drive the cultural conversation today.
The Sixties2014 M05 29
The space race, the cold war, “free love,” civil rights and more: The decade of the 1960s shaped our history — and changed the world. In collaboration with Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman and Mark Herzog, CNN explores perhaps the most transformative decade of the modern era in a 10-part documentary series and brings new insights into how those events shaped today.
The Seventies2015 M06 11
A documentary series focusing on the ongoing Vietnam War, the Watergate scandal, evolving music industry, the Iran Hostage Crisis, the sexual revolution, and the rise of foreign and domestic terrorism.
The Eighties2016 M03 31
The third installment from executive producers Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman and Mark Herzog, following in the footsteps of critically-acclaimed series THE SIXTIES and THE SEVENTIES, tackles 10 years shaped by exceptionalism and excess. Like its predecessors, THE EIGHTIES intersperses rare archival newsreel footage, interviews, and comments by historians, journalists, politicians, celebrities and others, painting a perspective-rich picture of a vibrant decade. Episodes examine the age of Reagan, the AIDS crisis, the end of the Cold War, Wall Street corruption, the evolving TV and music scene, and everything in between.
The Nineties2017 M07 9
Hit rewind and explore the most iconic moments and influential people of The Nineties, the decade that gave us the Internet, DVDs, and other cultural and political milestones.
The 2000s2018 M07 8
Explore the cultural and political milestones of the 2000s decade, including technological triumphs like the iPhone and social media, President George W. Bush’s war on terror and response to Hurricane Katrina, Barack Obama’s presidential election and the financial crisis, hip-hop’s rise to dominance and a creative renaissance in television.
- Diana: The six-part documentary event reveals the person behind the princess, with rarely seen footage and new interviews that reframe her life and legacy.
RBG 最強の85才2018 M05 4
Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice2019 M09 6
With one of the most memorably stunning voices that has ever hit the airwaves, Linda Ronstadt burst onto the 1960s folk rock music scene in her early twenties.
アルツハイマーと僕〜グレン・キャンベル 音楽の奇跡〜2014 M04 24
These titles will be available in the CNN+ library at launch, and additional fan and festival favorites will be added on a regular basis.
Subscribers to CNN+ can also experience the third main content offering, Interview Club; an online community that allows subscribers to interact and debate with each other as well as directly with anchors, experts, and special guests.
“Interview Club fundamentally transforms what it means to become part of the story,” said Courtney Coupe, Senior Vice President of Content Strategy and Operations for CNN+. “It’s such a unique value proposition within the platform because it gives our audience the opportunity to directly influence the conversation in real-time. This kind of access to newsmakers is unprecedented, and weaving this crucial element of interactivity into the core of CNN+ sets it profoundly apart from anything else that exists in the streaming marketplace.”
Subscribers can ask CNN personalities questions in real-time from their computer, tablet, or mobile device as well as in advance of the daily scheduled interviews between CNN’s journalists and newsmakers. This moderated experience allows interactivity that no other streaming service offers today.
CNN+ was a subscription streaming service that included 12 hours of live news and on-demand access to shows like “Parental Guidance with Anderson Cooper,” “5 Things with Kate Bolduan,” “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown,” and “Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.” The service features journalists like Chris Wallace and Audie Cornish.
The service lasted less than a month. It debuted on March 29, 2022 and ended on April 28, 2022.
Some of the programs and personalities from the service went to HBO Max, some went to discovery+.