The Best National Streaming Day Deals: Free Trials or Discounts for Hulu, Sling TV, Paramount+, Philo, DIRECTV STREAM, and More — May 2022
There are tons of great streaming deals out there right now, especially because May 20 is apparently National Streaming Day. The best offer is the Hulu National Streaming Day deal, which is offering three months at $0.99 per month, similar to the service’s 2021 Black Friday Offer.
If you’re looking for a live TV streaming service in order to watch the NBA or NHL playoffs, DIRECTV STREAM is offering $15 off your first two months after a five-day free trial, while you can currently get Sling TV for 50% off, meaning that your first month will be just $17.50.
We will break down all of the offers from the major streaming services including a discounted Paramount+/Showtime Bundle, Hulu, DIRECTV STREAM, STARZ, Sling TV, and more.
So what exactly is National Streaming Day? It was a holiday started by Roku in 2014 to celebrate cord-cutting and the growth of streaming services. So why not save a little to celebrate?
Best Streaming Deals For May 2022 Overview
|Hulu||Get 3 Months For $1/mo.||normally $6.99||Get The Deal|
|DIRECTV STREAM||$15 OFF For 2 Months + 5-Day Free Trial||normally $69.99||Get The Deal|
|Sling TV||50% OFF Your First Month||normally $35.00||Get The Deal|
|Paramount+/Showtime Bundle||$9.99/mo. (~40% OFF)||normally $15.99||Get The Deal|
|Hulu Live TV||Free $35 Amazon Gift Card||normally $69.99|
|STARZ||Get 6 Months For $3/mo.||normally $8.99||Get The Deal|
|Philo||Get $10 OFF Your First Month||normally $25.00||Get The Deal|
1. Get 3 Months of Hulu For $0.99 a Month
In their best deal since Black Friday, Hulu is offering new and returning subscribers their first three months for just $1 per month; that’s a whopping 85% off the streaming service. The offer starts on May 20 and runs through Friday, May 27.
If you subscribe, you will have a full month to binge that series that you’ve heard about or to dive deep into the library to see if Hulu’s wide range content appeals to you. Check out hits like “The Handmaid’s Tale” or “Only Murders in the Building,” or new releases including “The Dropout”, “Candy”, and “Flesh.”
How to Get 3 Months of Hulu For $1/mo.
- Click Here to activate a get 3 Months of Hulu For $1.
- Select “Hulu Streaming Day” Deal.
- Create Your Account.
- Add Your Billing Info.
- Click “Submit” and Start Streaming.
2. Get a 5-Day Free Trial to DIRECTV STREAM
If you haven’t tried it in a while, DIRECTV STREAM is offering $15 off of your first two months, after a five-day free trial which marks the first time that the rebranded service has offered a free trial.
DIRECTV STREAM is one of the best ways to stream local sports on Bally Sports regional sport networks, YES Network, Spectrum SportsNet, and more. The streamer also recently added an Unlimited DVR, which is coupled with unlimited at-home streams.
3. Get a 50% OFF Your First Month of Sling TV
For a limited time, you can get 50% off of Sling TV. The Sling Orange plan — at just $17.50 for your first month — this the cheapest way to stream the NHL and NBA Playoffs on ESPN and TNT.
Subscribers who take advantage of this deal will also get customers a free month of DVR Plus, which normally costs $5. If you want to bundle the two Sling options, you can get Sling Orange and Blue for 50% off, meaning that the plan which normally costs $50 per month will be just $25.
4. Get Paramount+ and Showtime For $9.99 a Month (40% OFF)
Last year, Paramount launched a bundle of Paramount+ and Showtime, but for a limited time you can get an even bigger savings.
For a limited time, subscribers can save nearly 40% when they sign-up for both Paramount+ and Showtime. Customers can get Paramount+ with Ads and Showtime for $9.99 per month, or Paramount + Ad-Free with Showtime for $11.99 per month. Customers can save even more if they pre-pay for either of the bundles, meaning that they can get it as low as just $8.33 per month if paid annually.
- Paramount+ Essential ($4.99) and Showtime ($10.99): $9.99 (normally $15.98)
- Paramount+ Premium Ad-Free ($9.99) and Showtime ($10.99): $12.99 (normally $20.98)
- Paramount+ Essential and Showtime: $99.99 ($8.33/mo.)
- Paramount+ Premium Ad-Free and Showtime: $129.99 ($10.83/mo.)
While Hulu + Live TV normally costs $69.99 per month, for a limited time new Hulu + Live TV subscribers can get a $35 Amazon Gift Card when they sign-up for their first month of service through The Streamable.
How to Get $35 Gift Card with Hulu + Live TV
- Click “” to activate the promotion.
- Enter your E-mail Address, so we know where to send the gift card.
- You will be sent to the Hulu website to sign up for your Hulu + Live TV account.
- After you finish your first month, you will receive a $35 Gift Card from The Streamable.
6. Get STARZ for $3/mo. For 6 Months
For a limited time, STARZ has launched a special promotion which gives subscribers six months of the premium service for only $3 per month. Since the streamer normally costs $8.99 per month, that comes out to a savings of almost 66%.
This means that customers will be able to watch the latest Starz Originals like “Power Book IV: Force,” along with the most recent seasons of “Power Book II: Ghost,” “Power Book III: Raising Kanan,” “Heels,” and “City of Lies.”
- Click here to activate the offer.
- After it redirects, add your email and Claim Offer.
- Complete sign-up.
7. Get $10 OFF Your First Month of Philo
Through May 31st, you can get $10 OFF your first month (40% OFF), after a 7-Day Free Trial with Promo Code: STREAM.
With the deal you will 60+ channels of Live TV, including MTV, VH1, TLC, Discovery, A&E, and Hallmark, which all can be recorded to your unlimited DVR.
- Click Here to activate the $10 OFF offer
- Enter your mobile number or email
- Select “I Have a Redemption Code”
- Add Promo Code: STREAM
- Add your payment information
- Subscribe for your 7-Day Free Trial