Disney+ has been added to VIZIO Smart TVs with the latest update to their SmartCast Platform. The update allows viewers to launch the app and search for Disney+ content directly from the SmartCast home screen.
“At VIZIO, we are always working to provide the best home entertainment experience for our users,” said Bill Baxter, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO. “We are excited to bring Disney+ onto the SmartCast platform to give viewers access to even more content to enjoy.”
Previously, VIZIO users have been able to stream Disney+ on SmartCast through Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in.
Disney+ is now available natively on your VIZIO Smart TVs meaning that you can watch all your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Channel, and National Geographic movies for just $6.99 a month ($70 a year). Fortunately, it’s easy to download, install, and sign-up for Disney Plus on Disney+ App is Now Available on VIZIO SmartCast Televisons
How to Sign-Up for Disney Plus on VIZIO Smart TVs
Disney+ is supported on 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 VIZIO SmartCast TVs. You can either use the Disney+ VIZIO SmartCast App, Google Cast, is AirPlay2.
If your VIZIO Smart TV is compatible, this is how you can get it working.
- Click here to sign-up for Disney+
- Click here to install the Disney+ iOS App or add it from the VIZIO SmartCast platform
- Once installed, log-in using your Disney+ credentials on your phone or TV
- Either play on the TV App or be sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your iOS device
- If using AirPlay or Cast, start playing a movie or show on the Disney+ App and select the AirPlay icon in the top right
- Choose your VIZIO SmartCast TV and it will start displaying on your television
If you have a compatible TV and you don’t see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest VIZIO SmartCast firmware