DIRECTV NOW Launches True Cloud DVR & New App on Amazon Fire TV
Following the release of their new App and True Cloud DVR to iOS last week, Android yesterday, DIRECTV NOW has launched the update on Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick devices.
The new App includes enhanced bookmarks, navigation, and search options make it easier to watch your favorite content.
The update includes their new True Cloud DVR which allows you to record up to 20 hours of content per month. Later this summer, you will have the option to upgrade to 100 hours for an additional $10 / month.
As part of the update, Fire TV users will also now be able to add a 3rd simultaneous stream for an additional $5 / month and access their local channels when traveling out of their home market.
Now that the App is available on Apple TV, Fire TV, iOS, and Android — the company expects to roll out on Roku very soon.
DIRECTV NOW App 2.0 for Fire TV Improvements
- Overhauled Grid Guide with more detailed information
- Updated show and movie pages with beautiful poster images
- Added live PIP so you don’t miss anything while you browse
- New True Cloud DVR to record up to 20 hours of your shows
- Add shows to your Watchlist to easily access your favorites
- Manage your DVR Recordings & Watchlist from My Library
- Browse Networks, TV Shows, and Movies to find on demand shows
- Improved search to find the right show quicker