Sling TV’s AirTV Adds Local Channels DVR
The new feature is available to all AirTV customers at no additional charge and will appear upon updating and restarting the Sling TV app – no Sling TV subscription is required.
The new Local Channels DVR feature include:
- Dual Tuner – AirTV’s dual tuner functionality allows customers to record up to two shows at once or watch one show live and record another. Live and recorded content can be accessed across all compatible devices, in or out of the home.
- Integrated DVR Menu – Recorded over-the-air (OTA) content seamlessly appears in the same menu as Cloud DVR content in the Sling TV app, indicated by an OTA icon.
- No Sling Subscription Required – No Sling TV or additional subscription is required to access Local Channels DVR recordings.
- Up to 2 TB Storage – A dedicated external USB hard drive (purchased independently) must be attached to AirTV to use Local Channels DVR. AirTV currently supports storing up to 2 TB of local recordings.
- New Functionality – Once local content is recorded, users can pause, rewind or fast-forward programming. If watching a recording in real time, users may also pause live TV.