Sling TV and DraftKings Introducing Integrated Betting Experience on Android TV and AirTV
Sling TV is introducing a new way to watch sports and bet at the same time.
In addition to the exclusive DraftKings Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, College Football, and NFL channels, Android and AirTV users will be able to place bets and view betting odds through DraftKings while watching their favorite television program.
The new, integrated experience has started rolling out across selected systems and will be available on all Android TV and AirTV viewers on Sling TV in the coming weeks.
Placing bets will be limited to those states where sports betting is available to DraftKings account holders.
How To Place a Bet:
- While watching any content, press the “up” function on your remote to reveal the playback bar and Sportsbook.
- Click the Sportsbook Icon. This will reveal the point spreads of all active games on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down to find the game you would like to place a bet on.
- Click, Place Bet.
- Click the “Text me a Link” button.
- Enter your phone number on the screen.
- Enter the verification code
- Click the link sent through a unique text to your phone number to complete your transaction on the DraftKings app from your mobile device.
- You can update, cancel or add a bet at any time via the DraftKings app on your mobile device.
This differs from the previously announced fubo Sportsbook feature in that sports fans are able to watch games and bet in real-time with the game they are watching. As with the DraftKings app, betting via the fubo Sportsbook is only available in states where the option is currently legal.
Earlier this year, DISH-owned Sling TV and DraftKings reached a deal to integrate DraftKings’ sportsbook and daily fantasy experiences on their platform. They also partnered with Barstool to launch an exclusive Barstool Channel.
With the launch of the earlier channels, Paul Liberman, President of Product and Technology and co-founder at DraftKings said, “DraftKings continually looks at new ways to reach customers through innovative collaborations with recognizable brands such as SLING TV,” said. “We are thrilled to expand this relationship, which will offer SLING TV customers an entirely new viewership experience through this first-of-its-kind streaming service.”
Sling is not the only Live TV Streaming Service going after the betting sector. fuboTV has also announced plans to launch their own Sportsbook this year. They recently reached a partnership with the New York Jets to launch sponsorship for that upcoming launch, which will see a dedicated lounge at MetLife Stadium.
Sling TV offers 27 of the top cable channels, including A&E, AMC, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Discovery, Disney Channel, E!, ESPN, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FX, HGTV, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, Syfy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel Channel, truTV, and USA Network.