VIZIO Smart TVs to Add Built-In Chromecast Support For Disney Plus in Early December
While there is no native VIZIO SmartCast App for Disney+, many customers were surprised to learn that couldn’t use the built-in Chromecast to stream Disney+. The reason it doesn’t work is that while the TVs do support Google Cast, currently the firmware is too outdated to stream Disney+.
However, VIZIO has announced today that they will be updating the firmware on VIZIO Smart TVs with Chromecast built-in starting in early December. That means you’ll be able to Cast from your iOS or Android device directly to your VIZIO Smart TV to watch Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo content.
In the meantime, if you have a 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 VIZIO SmartCast TV, you can still stream Disney+ to your television with an iOS device. using AirPlay 2.
How to AirPlay Disney+ to VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Click here to sign-up for Disney+
- Click here to install the Disney+ iOS App on your iPhone or iPad
- Once installed, log-in using your Disney+ credentials
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your iOS device
- Start playing a movie or show on the Disney+ App and select the AirPlay icon in the top right
- Choose your VIZIO SmartCast TV and it will start displaying on your television
How to Sign-Up & Stream Disney Plus on VIZIO Smart TVs
Disney+ App Features
The first year will include 25 new original series, 10+ movies, 7,500 past episodes, 100 recent movies, and 400 library titles including the entire Disney Vault. The company announced 6 original shows and movies that will be available at launch, including the $100 million 8-episode Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian which was directed by Jon Favreau.