DIRECTV NOW launched their brand new DIRECTV NOW 2.0 App.
The update includes a fully redesigned app that makes it easier to browse, search, and find live and on demand shows. It also includes the much anticipated True Cloud DVR.
DIRECTV NOW App 2.0 Improvements
- Overhauled interface including lighter interface on iOS and Web Apps
- Updated show and movie pages with beautiful poster images
- Added live PIP so you don’t miss anything while you browse
- New True Cloud DVR to record up to 20 hours of your shows
- Add shows to your Watchlist to easily access your favorites
- Manage your DVR Recordings & Watchlist from My Library
- Browse Networks, TV Shows, and Movies to find on demand shows
- Improved search to find the right show quicker
DIRECTV NOW App 2.0 Overview & Review
On iPhone, iPad, and web: the interface has been given a lighter tone. The pages for shows and movies now display a stylized poster of the content. You can more easily see shows available on demand and upcoming shows to record.
While browsing, the app now displays a PIP thumbnail, so you don’t miss a bit of live TV. You can also add shows to your Watchlist to make it easier to find them from your library.
The updated is app is now available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Chromecast (on iOS), and Web. It is currently in beta on Android, Roku, and Fire TV.