YouTube TV Now Available on PS4 — How to Download YouTube TV on your PlayStation 4 Game Console
How to Download YouTube TV on PS4 from Your Web Browser
- From web browser, go here
- Click the Download to your PS4 button.
- If you’re not already, sign in to your PSN account
How to Download YouTube TV on Your PS4
- Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS4
- To access new apps, select Apps
- In the Apps section, select YouTube TV (or search if you don’t see it).
- Select Download to add the app to your PlayStation console
- Once installed, log-in using your YouTube TV credentials to stream your favorite shows and movies
In October, The Information reported that Sony hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch to explore a sale of the service, which had 500,000 subscribers. One of the companies that Sony has discussed a sale with was fuboTV, but the report claimed that talks hadn’t gone anywhere.
Days later, news broke revealing that the live streaming service would be shutting down instead. The service, which debuted in 2015, was one of the first Live TV Streaming Services to launch — and is now the first vMVPD to shut down.
PlayStation Vue had fallen behind vMVPDs like Sling TV and Hulu Live TV, which each have over 2 million subscribers respectively. YouTube TV has never disclosed subscribers, but reports place them at 1 million, while fuboTV is at around 300,000.