How to Use Disney+ on VIZIO Smart TVs, Even Though There Isn’t a SmartCast App
How to Sign-Up & Stream Disney Plus on VIZIO Smart TVs
To do so, you will need to make sure you’re on the latest firmware, as it is only supported using AirPlay 2. While the TVs also support Google Cast, currently the firmware is too outdated to stream Disney+, and won’t be updated until next year.
If you have a compatible TV and you don’t see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest VIZIO SmartCast firmware
How to AirPlay Disney+ to VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Click here to sign-up for Disney+
- Click here to install the Disney+ iOS App on your iPhone or iPad
- Once installed, log-in using your Disney+ credentials
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your iOS device
- Start playing a movie or show on the Disney+ App and select the AirPlay icon in the top right
- Choose your VIZIO SmartCast TV and it will start displaying on your television
Disney+ App Features
The first year will include 25 new original series, 10+ movies, 7,500 past episodes, 100 recent movies, and 400 library titles including the entire Disney Vault. The company announced 6 original shows and movies that will be available at launch, including the $100 million 8-episode Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian which was directed by Jon Favreau.