FIRST LOOK: ‘One Day at Disney’ a New Documentary Behind-The-Scenes of Disney Coming to Disney+
Disney announced today that their new documentary ‘One Day at Disney’ will debut on Disney+ on December 3rd. The 50-episode short-form series, which will launch with a feature-length documentary, takes an in-depth look at the unique and surprising roles across The Walt Disney Company.
The debut episodes will feature Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts and legendary animator Eric Goldberg. Each week following, there will be a a new 4 to 7 minute short, profiling a single member of The Walt Disney family.
Some of the featured episodes:
- Eric Baker: The Walt Disney Imagineer who has overseen the creation of many of the intricately detailed props and lifelike creatures that inhabit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the newest lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Ashley Girdich: A talented Walt Disney Imagineer who, as a Research and Development Project Manager, drives plans and helps teams execute some of the innovative robotics technology projects being created for our Parks around the world
- Eric Goldberg: The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award-nominated short Get a Horse!
- Mark Gonzales: A Los Angeles native who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
- Grace Lee: A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy
- Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela: The talented South African actor currently playing Rafiki in the Madrid production of phenomenally successful musical The Lion King
- Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studio’s head of visual development who has worked on films including Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: The veterinarian who cares for creatures large and small at Walt Disney World Resort, including a number of endangered and threatened species.
- Jerome Ranft: The skilled Pixar artist who created detailed sculptures for animators to use as reference for such films as Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille
- Robin Roberts: The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show, Good Morning America, since 2005
Disney+ is a new ad-free Streaming Service which offers exclusive series and films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Disney unveiled that their streaming service will debut in the U.S. on November 12, 2019. The Disney streaming service will cost $6.99 per month, or $70 per year ($5.83/month).
The first year will include 25 new original series, 10+ movies, 7,500 past episodes, 100 recent movies, and 400 library titles including the entire Disney Vault. The company announced 6 original shows and movies that will be available at launch, including the $100 million 10-episode Star Wars spin-off, “The Mandalorian” which was directed by Jon Favreau.