Last month, we reported that fuboTV had reached a deal with VIZIO to bring their Live TV Streaming Service to select VIZIO SmartCast TVs. The two companies announced that the streaming app will be available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs starting today.
With the addition of VIZIO, fuboTV will now be available on all three major Smart TV platforms from VIZIO, LG, and Samsung.
“94% of fuboTV subscribers enjoy watching their favorite sports, news and entertainment on the big screen,” said Len Landi, Senior Vice President, Business Development, fuboTV. “With today’s launch on VIZIO SmartCast TVs, we’re bringing fuboTV’s premium viewing experience to VIZIO SmartCast, one of the most popular smart TV platforms on the market. It’s a perfect marriage as we gear up for the fall sports season.”
“Sports continue to be one of the most popular categories of programming on television, so fuboTV’s offering with an impressive array of live sports programming as well as hundreds of other entertainment options is a welcome addition to the SmartCast lineup,” said Katherine Pond, Vice President of Business Development at VIZIO. “We are continuously enhancing the SmartCast platform with new features and content, so users have endless entertainment options from the comfort of their homes.”
fuboTV will be available on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Xbox, Samsung, VIZIO, LG Smart TV devices. This leaves just PlayStation as the only platform without support for the streaming service.
fuboTV's VIZIO Smart TV App has many of the features that fuboTV subscribers will be used to.
- Profiles: up to six users within a subscription can personalize their fuboTV experience. Profiles allow each individual user to have their own set of recordings (which never expire), personalized recommendations, and a guide that is unique to their content preferences.
- Customizable Guide: users on the LG Smart TV app will be able to “favorite” channels and move their top selections to the front of their guide.
- Record Series: this “set it and forget it” feature allows users to record an entire series with one click.
- Record Teams: users can keep up with all of their favorite teams without having to worry about missing any of the action. With just one click, users can record all games for a specific team to watch anytime.
- Watch Next: this new feature lets users easily binge on a series. Once an episode ends they will automatically have the next episode suggested to them - making binge watching even easier.
fuboTV is a live TV streaming service with about 90 channels for $74.99/month. This plan includes local channels, 25 of the top 35 cable channels, and regional sports networks (RSNs).
Due to a carriage dispute, some areas may not see their local CBS affiliate, but rather a national CBS feed.
The streaming service does not carry channels from WarnerMedia-owned (CNN, TBS, and TNT), A+E (A&E, History Channel, and Lifetime), and AMC Networks (AMC, BBC America, and WE tv).
fuboTV also includes MLB Network, NBA TV, NFL Network, NFL RedZone , NHL Network, and beIN Sports (which is not available on most services). You can add Fox Soccer Plus as part of the International Sports Plus add-on for $6/month.
fuboTV is a great option for sports fans, especially those who want to stream local sports. It is the least expensive option to get RSNs in many markets like Altitude, AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh, AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, AT&T SportsNet Southwest, Marquee Sports Network, MSG, MSG Sportsnet, NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Northwest, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia+, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington+, NESN, Root Sports Northwest y SportsNet NY. They recently announced the they will be adding Bally Sports RSNs in January 2023.