New to Streaming This Week (6/7/21), Including ‘Loki’ and ‘Lupin’
Marvel’s “Loki” features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow. The new series, premiering on Disney+, takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.” Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character. New episodes debut each Wednesday.
The French thriller “Lupin” returns to Netflix for the second half of its first season. The first half ended in January on a cliffhanger: Raoul (Etan Simon), the son of professional thief Assane Diop (Omar Sy), has been abducted by the evil Pellegrini (Hervé Pierre). The streamer has already renewed the popular series for another season.
Monday, June 7
- “Magical Girl Friendship Squad, Season 1” (Peacock) Two aimless young women have to save the universe — and figure out how to pay their rent.
- “The Chase, Season 2” (Hulu) Three contestants attempt to win money by challenging a quiz show genius known as The Chaser. The ABC series is based on a long-running series on the UK's ITV network.
- “Vampire Academy” (Netflix) Teen vampires and human/vampire hybrids attend a special school. Zoey Deutch (“The Politician”, “Zombieland: Double Tap”) stars.
- “The Pole, Season 1” (Peacock) Santa and his family prefer naughty to nice.
- “The Summoner, Season 1” (Peacock) Rory and The Summoner are best friends and roommates — it’s just that one is an alien.
Peacock is a subscription video streaming service from NBCUniversal that gives access to up to 15,000 hours of content including original shows, blockbuster movies, and classic television series.
Just like other streaming services, Peacock will have their own original series including reboots of Save By The Bell, Punky Brewster, and Battlestar Galactica. They also have shows like Rutherford Falls (Ed Helms), Dr. Death (Alec Baldwin), and a behind-the-scenes docs-series about Saturday Night Live.
The company has acquired the rights to many classic shows like the entire Dick Wolf library including Law & Order and Chicago Fire, Parks and Recreation, and The Office.
The service will also feature blockbusters and critically-acclaimed films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and content acquired from Hollywood’s biggest studios.
Tuesday, June 8
- “Billy on the Street” (HBO Max) A game show hosted by comedian Billy Eichner. He stops people on the streets of New York and asks questions.
- “Killerman” 2019 (HBO) A New York City money launderer wakes up with no memory and millions in stolen cash and drugs.
- “Legion Of Brothers” (2017) (Hulu) A doc about Green Berets in Afghanistan after 9/11, charged with eliminating the Taliban.
- “Billions, Season 4” (Amazon Prime Video) The ongoing battle between a U.S. attorney and a high-stakes hedge-fund manager gets personal.
HBO Max is a subscription video streaming service that gives access to the full HBO library, along with exclusive Max Originals, and access to every Warner Bros. film on HBO Max on the same day that it hits theaters.
HBO Max has two tiers, an ad-supported plan for 9,99 US$ and ad-free plan for 14,99 US$. HBO Max without ads also includes features like the ability to download offline and 4K streaming.
They also will get Max Originals that aren’t available to HBO channel subscribers, like “The Flight Attendant” (Kaley Cuoco), “Love Life” (Anna Kendrick), as well as reboots to “Sex In The City” and “Gossip Girl.”
Wednesday, June 9
- “Loki” (Disney+) features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow.
- “The Croods: A New Age” (2020) (Hulu) The Croods, a prehistoric family, search for a safer home.
- “Vanderpump Dogs” Season 1 (Peacock) A reality television series that follows Lisa Vanderpump and her dog foundation.
- “Fresh, Fried & Crispy” (Netflix) Daym Drops finds America’s best spots for the freshest takes on fried food.
Disney+ é um novo serviço de transmissão vídeo sem anúncios que oferece séries e filmes exclusivos da Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Guerra das Estrelas, National Geographic, e muito mais. A Disney revelou que o seu serviço de streaming será lançado em 15 de setembro.
O serviço de streaming da Disney irá custar 8,99 € / mês ou 89,99 € / ano (7,50 € / mês).
A aplicação suporta streaming 4K, downloads ilimitados, 4 transmissões simultâneas, até 7 perfis, com centenas de avatares para o seu perfil pessoal.
O primeiro ano irá incluir 25 novas séries originais, mais de 10 filmes, 7.500 episódios passados, 100 filmes recentes e 400 títulos do catálogo, incluindo todo o Disney Vault. Novos lançamentos como “Toy Story 4”, “O Rei Leão”, “Aladdin” e clássicos como “A Pequena Sereia” e “Cinderela” estarão disponíveis para transmissão.
A empresa anunciou 6 programas e filmes originais que estarão disponíveis no lançamento, incluindo a continuação de Guerra das Estrelas com 8 episódios de $100 milhões, “The Mandalorian”, “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “O Mundo Segundo Jeff Goldblum,” “A Dama e o Vagabundo” e “The Imagineering Story.”
Pode ver a lista completa dos programas e filmes Disney, Disney Channel, Guerra das Estrelas, Pixar, Marvel, Nat Geo disponíveis, ou todo o conteúdo Disney Plus disponível, conferindo a nossa Lista de filmes em streaming Disney+.
Thursday, June 10
- “The Greatest Race” (Peacock) One of the most unbelievable moments in Olympics history: the greatest relay split of the 4x100 men’s team during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- “Young Hearts” 2020 (HBO Max) Harper has a relationship with her brother’s best friend.
- “TrollsTopia” Season 3 (Peacock) Guy and Meadow meet a new Troll who starts ending parties early.
- “Carmellia Sisters” (Netflix) The three Ly sisters reunite in the palace where they grew up, as family secrets are revealed.
- “Weekend Getaway with Michelle Buteau” (discovery+) The comic escapes family with weekend escapades with friends.
discovery+ is a video streaming service that offers more than 55,000 episodes of 2,500+ current and classic shows from several popular TV brands including Discovery, Investigation Discovery, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, A&E, Lifetime e History.
The service primarily focuses on non-fiction programming or “reality” TV shows.
discovery+ is available with limited ads for 4,99 US$ / mês or ad-free for 6,99 US$ / mês.
Friday June 11
- “Hacks, Max Original Season 1 Finale” (HBO Max) A young upstart makes a middle-aged comedian (Jean Smart) woke.
- “Love, Victor: Season 2” (Hulu) Benji’s boyfriend Victor (Michael Cimino) discovers coming out is not always easy.
- “Zenimation - Season 2” (Disney+) The animated short-form series and soundscape experience got a renewal.
- “Pinocchio” (2020) (Amazon Prime Video) Geppetto’s puppet, Pinocchio, magically comes to life and embarks on a series of extraordinary adventures.
- “Flack, Season 2” (Amazon Prime Video) The publicists manage celebrity crises – but not their own lives.
- “Lupin: Part 2” (Netflix) The French thriller about a jewel thief and the rich family whose lives are entangled with his.
- “I Still See You” (2018) – (Tubi) It’s 10 years after an apocalypse, and the world is haunted by ghosts who stalk humans.