Can you stream SHOWTIME on Google Chromecast?
How to Sign Up and Download SHOWTIME on Google Chromecast
- Click here to sign up for SHOWTIME.
- Install the SHOWTIME iPhone/iPad app OR Android Phone/Tablet app.
- Once installed, log in using your SHOWTIME credentials.
- Make sure your streaming device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android Phone/Tablet OR iPhone/iPad.
- Start playing the content in the SHOWTIME app and select the Google Cast icon.
- Choose your Google Chromecast and it will start displaying on your streaming device.
How to Sign Up for SHOWTIME on Other Streaming Devices
If you have other devices, you can learn how to sign up for and use SHOWTIME on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Tablet, Mac, Windows, Xbox, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV and VIZIO Smart TV.
What features are available on SHOWTIME?
Single Profile Only
SHOWTIME doesn’t currently offer user profiles, so your entire family will have to use the same account.
Up to 3 Devices
SHOWTIME can be used on up to three devices at the same time.
SHOWTIME offers nearly their entire library available to download.
You can authorize up to 5 devices for download at any given time, but you can switch the devices that are authorized if necessary. On each device, SHOWTIME has a limit of 15 titles that can be downloaded at a time.
While SHOWTIME isn’t available to stream outside the U.S., you can still watch shows or movies you’ve downloaded offline to your mobile or tablet device.
The main reason to subscribe to SHOWTIME is for access to their critically-acclaimed original series. Currently, Showtime’s most popular shows include Yellowjackets, Billions, and American Gigolo.
In addition to new originals, you’ll also get access to their full catalog of shows that the channel has ever released. That means you can stream series like Dexter, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Shameless, Homeland, Ray Donovan, Black Monday, Kidding, House of Lies, Californication, Queer as Folk, and The L Word.
If you’re looking for kids content, there are better alternatives. But if you do subscribe, expect to have some family-friendly movie options every month.