What’s New on Disney Plus in December 2021: ‘The Book of Boba Fett,’ ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid,’ ‘Encanto’ and More
December is a month of celebration, sitting by the fire, sipping cider and streaming with the family. In December, Disney+ is premiering some of its most anticipated content including “The Book of Boba Fett.” Episodes three through six, the finale, of “Hawkeye” will make their debut. The “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” animated movie premieres on the third, and the studio is so confident in the intellectual property that they have already greenlit the sequel, which Disney announced on Disney+ Day. “Mr. Popper’s Penguins,” movies from the “Ice Age” and “Home Alone” franchises, “Tron: Legacy”, and “Encanto” will also arrive on Disney+ this December.
- The Book of Boba Fett (December 29th)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (December 3rd)
- The Rescue (December 3rd)
- Welcome to Earth (December 8th)
- Foodtastic (December 15th)
- Arendelle Castle Yule Log: Cut Paper Edition (December 17th)
- Christmas… Again?!
- Disney Holiday Magic Quest
- Edward Scissorhands
- Ice Age
- Ice Age: Continental Drift
- Mickey & Minnie Wish Upon A Christmas
- Million Dollar Arm
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins
- The Chicken Squad (S1, 4 episodes)
- Gabby Duran & The Unsittables (S2, 11 episodes)
- Life Below Zero: Northern Territories (S1)
- Muppet Babies (S3, 4 episodes)
- Spidey And His Amazing Friends (S1, 4 episodes)
- Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks (S8, 10 episodes)
- Tron: Legacy
- Disney’s Magic Bake-Off (S1, 4 episodes)
- Gigantosaurus (S3)
- Life Below Zero (S17)
- Science Of Stupid (S8)
- Home Alone 4
- Home Alone: The Holiday Heist
- Minnie’s Bow-Toons: Party Palace Pals (S1, 5 episodes)
- King Tut In Color
- Lost Tombs Of The Pyramids
- T.O.T.S. (S3)
- 80s Top Ten (S1)
Disney+ is a new ad-free video streaming service which offers exclusive series and films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Disney unveiled that their streaming service will debut in the U.K. on March 24th, 2020.
The Disney streaming service will cost £7.99 / month, or £79.99 / year (£6.67 / month).
The app supports 4K streaming, unlimited downloads, 4 simultaneous streams, up to 7 profiles, with hundreds of avatars for your personal profile.
The first year will include 25 new original series, 10+ movies, 7,500 past episodes, 100 recent movies, and 400 library titles including the entire Disney Vault. New releases like “Toy Story 4”, “The Lion King”, “Aladdin” and classics like “The Little Mermaid” and “Cinderella” will be available to stream.
The company announced original shows and movies that will be available at launch, including the $100 million 8-episode Star Wars spin-off, “The Mandalorian”, “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “The World According To Jeff Goldblum,” “Lady and the Tramp,” and “The Imagineering Story.”
You can see the full list of available Disney, Disney Channel, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, Nat Geo shows and movies, or all available Disney Plus content by checking out our Disney+ Streaming Movie List.