Can you stream IMDb TV on LG Smart TV?
How to Sign Up and Download IMDb TV on LG Smart TV
IMDb TV is available natively using LG Smart TV. Additionally, you may be able to stream to your LG Smart TV through Apple AirPlay (2018+ (webOS 4.0+) models).
IMDb TV app on LG Smart TV
- Go to the Home Screen on your LG Smart TV.
- Launch the app store and search for “IMDb TV” on your LG Smart TV.
- Select “Download” to install the app.
- You can now stream IMDb TV on LG Smart TV.
- Install the IMDb TV iPhone/iPad app.
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone/iPad.
- Start playing the content in the IMDb TV app and select the AirPlay icon.
- Choose your LG Smart TV and it will start displaying on your Smart TV.
If you have a compatible TV and you don’t see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest LG Smart TV firmware.
How to Sign Up for IMDb TV on Other Streaming Devices
If you have other devices, you can learn how to sign up for and use IMDb TV on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TV, iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Tablet, Mac, Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV and VIZIO Smart TV.
IMDb TV does offer a handful of originals like the spy thriller “Alex Rider,” the docu-series “Top Class” and “Moment of Truth,” and several other series in production.
IMDb TV offers a large variety of TV shows, but you’re often limited to one season. Some major titles include “24,” “Lost,” “Spartacus,” and “Chicago Fire.”
The service also offers a fair amount of older series like “I Spy,” “The Rifleman,” “The Greatest American Hero,” and “Peter Gunn.”
While the service does cycle through some big-name blockbusters like “Alien,” “Star Trek,” “Warrior,” and “Snowpiercer,” there is also an enormous library of B-movie craziness, with titles like “Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf,” “Blood Monkey,” and “Ninja Cheerleaders.”
There’s not a ton of quality to be had, but the service does offer some gems if you’re willing to dig.
There is a small section of child-friendly content, like titles from Pokémon and the “Land Before Time” series. Movies like “Stuart Little” are also available.