Carnegie Hall+ Review
Carnegie Hall+ is a video on demand service featuring new and historic full-length classical music concerts, operas, ballets, and documentaries, plus offerings for families and music lovers of all ages, all presented with state-of-the-art video and audio quality.
We tested Carnegie Hall+ and other subscription streaming services for more than 100 hours. Carnegie Hall+ is compatible with Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Mac, Windows, Sony Smart TV, and VIZIO Smart TV. Users can also access the service on Spectrum, Verizon Fios, DISH and Sling TV.
Available performances include:
- A concert by Gustavo Dudamel and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra joined by pianist Evgeny Kissin, performed at the 2020 Salzburg Festival (4K UHD and Dolby Atmos)
- A duo-recital with superstar pianists Martha Argerich and Daniel Barenboim, filmed for the 2021 digital edition of Salzburg’s Mozart Week (4K UHD and Dolby Atmos)
- Vienna at the Turn of the 20th Century, an evocative recital of lieder and arias performed by soprano Renée Fleming in Vienna’s Musikverein in 2012
- Leonard Bernstein’s singular performance leading Mahler’s Fifth Symphony with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in 1972
- Semyon Bychkov leading the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in a performance of the complete ballet score to Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker
- Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci featuring tenor Jonas Kaufmann with Christian Thielemann and the Staatskapelle Dresden, directed by Philipp Stölzl for the 2015 Salzburg Easter Festival
- Asmik Grigorian in two Richard Strauss operas at the Salzburg Festival: the 2018 production of Salome and 2020 performance of Elektra, both with Franz Welser-Möst and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Anna Netrebko in two Verdi operas at the Salzburg Festival: In the title role of Aida with Riccardo Muti leading the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in a production staged by Shirin
- Neshat in 2017, and her star-making performance in La Traviata with Rolando Villazón and Thomas Hampson in 2005
- Mozart’s La Clemenza di Tito directed by Peter Sellars and conducted by Teodor Currentzis, featuring Russell Thomas, Golda Schultz, and Willard White from the 2017 Salzburg Festival
Carnegie Hall+ is compatible with these devices:
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast (Google Cast)
- Android TV (Google Cast)
- Sony Smart TV (Google Cast)
- VIZIO Smart TV (Google Cast)
Carnegie Hall+ is not compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Roku, iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Tablet, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, LG Smart TV, or Samsung Smart TV devices.
(Up to 4K UHD)
Some programs are broadcast in 4K UHD.
Some programs are broadcast in Dolby Atmos.