Expert Advice: MasterClass Live Launches Free Weekly Streaming Series
MasterClass is an online streaming platform that offers a singular twist to education: Top-notch pros do the teaching, such as Bob Iger, executive chairman of Walt Disney, on business strategy.
Now, MasterClass Live, a new series, where members can connect with MasterClass instructors and outside experts, beyond MasterClass’ video streams, downloadable workbooks and apps, is free to all.
“MasterClass Live is directly part of our mission to democratize access to the world’s best,” said David Rogier, company cofounder-CEO.
MasterClass Live will stream throughout the foreseeable future; no formal end date has been announced. The sessions average an hour and are jump-started by questions from the audience.
However, it is helpful to distinguish the free classes from the regular MasterClass offerings.
Usually, interested users purchase an All Access Pass (AAP) to MasterClass.com for $180 per year. Hundreds of video lessons are available from 80 first-rate instructors renown in their respective fields — from Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman to architect Frank Gehry. These classes are available on iOS, Android, desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku with the AAP.
Upcoming MasterClass Live sessions, which offer a sampling of the platform, include:
- Bestselling author Dan Brown (“The DaVinci Code”) talks about writing thrillers - April 15.
- Designer Kelly Wearstler discusses interior-design techniques - April 22
- Self-appointed “Gangsta Gardener” Ron Finley shares how to keep plants alive and garden in any space – April 29.
- Daniel Negreanu, one of the most influential poker players, offers tips and strategies on playing the best hand – May 6
- SPANX founder Sara Blakely dives into inventing, selling and marketing products – May 13
Photo credit: MasterClass