Following the release of their new App and True Cloud DVR to iOS last week, DIRECTV NOW has launched the update on Android phones and tablets.
The new App includes enhanced bookmarks, navigation, and search options make it easier to watch your favorite content.
The update includes their new True Cloud DVR which allows you to record up to 20 hours of content per month. Later this summer, you will have the option to upgrade to 100 hours for an additional $10 / month.
As part of the update, Android users will also now be able to add a 3rd simultaneous stream for an additional $5 / month and access their local channels when traveling out of their home market.
The company expects the update to roll out on Fire TV and Roku in the next few weeks.
DIRECTV NOW App 2.0 for Android Improvements
- Overhauled interface including lighter interface on iOS, Android, Web Apps
- Updated show and movie pages with beautiful poster images
- Added live PIP so you don’t miss anything while you browse
- New True Cloud DVR to record up to 20 hours of your shows
- Add shows to your Watchlist to easily access your favorites
- Manage your DVR Recordings & Watchlist from My Library
- Browse Networks, TV Shows, and Movies to find on demand shows
- Improved search to find the right show quicker