Quibi, the mobile short-form streamer, has released a list of 50 shows available on April 6.
To attract viewers, it’s also offering a free 90-day trial. Users must sign up before the launch.
Quibi says it will release 175 originals and 8,500 quick bites of content in its first year. There are three content categories: Movies in Chapters, told in seven to 10 minutes/episode; Unscripted Shows-Docs, which include comedy, documentaries, travel, music, sports, fashion, etc.; and Daily Essentials, curated five-to-six minute bites of news, entertainment and inspiration.
Some of the content is attached to A-list stars, such as Reese Witherspoon, Idris Elba and Jennifer Lopez.
The 50 shows run the gamut from thrillers to reality. Registering at the Quibi web site offers a full lineup.
Here are some of the big titles/names coming to Quibi:
Movies in Chapters
- Most Dangerous Game: Stars Liam Hemsworth, Christoph Waltz in a dystopian action-thriller
- When The Streetlights Go On: Chosen Jacobs, Sophie Thatcher, Queen Latifah – murder of a young suburban girl
- Survive: Sophie Turner, Corey Hawkins survive a plane crash, but fight to stay alive in a remote area
- Flipped: Will Forte, Kaitlin Olson renovate a Mexican drug lord’s home
Unscripted and Docs
- Thanks a Million: Jennifer Lopez, Kristen Bell gift deserving people $100K; they must play it forward
- Chrissy’s Court: Chrissy Teigen becomes a judge and delivers real-life decisions.
- Punk’d: Chance the Rapper pulls pranks on big Hollywood stars.
- Murder House Flip: Renovating infamous homes where murders occurred.
- Elba v Block: Idris Elba, Ken Block pit cars against each other, outrageous stunts included.
- Skrrt With Offset: Offset raps about cars with celebrity friends.
- Nikki Fre$h: Nicole Richie’s alter ego, Nikki Fre$h, goes socially conscious about the world
- &Music: Unsung artists behind the biggest musical stars, like Ariana Grande.
- Fierce Queens: Reese Witherspoon presents a nature series about the females of the animal kingdom
- Prodigy: Highlights young athletes of unprecedented ability
- Gone Mental With Lior: Lior Suchard, a top mentalist. Kate Hudson, Ben Stiller get their minds read.
- Singled Out: All genders/sexual preferences on the dating landscape, but linked via social media.
- Gayme Show!: Celebrates LGBTQ+ community, hosted by comedians Matt Rogers and Dave Mizzoni.
- Dishmantled: A cooking show hosted by Tituss Burgess.
- You Ain’t Got These: Sneaker culture featuring Carmelo Anthony, Lena Waithe and more.
- 60 in 6 by CBS News: A new, shortened edition of classic “60 Minutes”
- Last Night’s Late Night: Celebrates late-night TV each morning. Heather Gardner hosts.
- The Daily Chill: Guided meditations
- The Rachel Hollis Show: The bestselling author inspires, motivates.
- Sexology with Shan Boodram: The intimacy expert shows how to navigate the realities of sex.
- Fashion’s a Drag: Model/actress Willam Belli, supermodel Denise Bidot kick back with drag queens.
- The Nod With Brittany & Eric: Based on podcast, explores key concerns of black culture.
- Various Broadcasters have shows, such as BBC News, NBC News, Telemundo, Weather Channel, ESPN
New shows arriving on Quibi also include “Hot Off the Mic” and “Trailers by Fandago,” which streams latest movie/TV trailers.