DC Comics Shares More Details About Upcoming DC Universe Streaming Service
DC Comics released more details yesterday about that their DC Universe streaming service. The service which includes original series, animated movies, and library of DC content will officially launch in the Fall.
Fans interested of trying the service a little early, they are now accepting signups on their website for a beta that will start in August.
While they haven’t shared pricing for the service, we do know that it will be available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, and Chromecast.
The service also revealed more details on the original shows including Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Harley Quinn that you will be able to watch on DC Universe.
In addition, subscribers will have access to exclusive merchandise and a community forum where they can discuss with fellow fans and DC talent.
What You Can Watch
You’ll enjoy unlimited access to exclusive DC shows including Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Harley Quinn.
Subscribers will get access to animated movies including Jutice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
Viewers can watch a rotating library of old DC films like the original Superman and Tim Burton’s Batman.
Classic TV Series
Watch Batman: The Animated Series and Wonder Woman in HD exclusively on DC Universe.
Get access to a full catalog of both modern and classic comics.
DC Universe Launch Trailer
About the Shows
- Titans follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.
- Doom Patrol is a reimagining of one of DC’s strangest group of outcasts: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman and Crazy Jane. Led by the mysterious Dr. Niles Caulder, they’re called into action by the ultimate hero for the digital age, Cyborg. Banding together these rejects find themselves on a mission that will take them to the weirdest and most unexpected corners of the DC Universe.
- Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.
- Young Justice: Outsiders features the return of the fan favorite animated series with a huge cast of DC’s most iconic young superheroes – plus brand-new characters, many of whom are just discovering their unique meta-powers and special abilities. Set against the backdrop of a rich, deep world that touches all corners of the DC Universe, the season focuses on meta–trafficking, and an intergalactic arms race for control of these super–powered youths.
- Harley Quinn follows Harley’s adventures after she breaks up with the Joker and strikes out on her own in this new adult animated comedy. With the help of Poison Ivy and a ragtag crew of DC castoffs, Harley tries to earn a seat at the biggest table in villainy: the Legion of the Doom.