Can you stream Star on Google Chromecast?
How to Sign Up and Download Star on Google Chromecast
- Click here to sign up for Star.
- Install the Disney+ iPhone/iPad app or Android Phone/Tablet app.
- Once installed, log in using your Disney+ credentials.
- Make sure your streaming device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android Phone/Tablet or iPhone/iPad.
- Start playing the content in the Disney+ app and select the Google Cast icon.
- Choose your Google Chromecast and it will start displaying on your streaming device.
How to Sign Up for Star on Other Streaming Devices
If you have other devices, you can learn how to sign up for and use Star on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Tablet, Mac, Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, and VIZIO Smart TV.
What features are available on Star?
Up to 7 Profiles
Star allows you to create up to 7 user profiles.
Star will include additional parental controls to help incorporate its new 18+ content. Set limits for profiles in the app based on content ratings, using a password PIN to prevent access to adult accounts.
Up to 4 Devices
Star allows you to stream on up to 4 devices simultaneously.
Star subscribers have the same access to unlimited downloads of shows and movies as Disney+. Download content for offline viewing on up to 10 mobile or tablet devices. The only limit to how many downloads available at any given time is the storage space available on your device.
Star is an additional channel offered on Disney+ to select countries listed below. The exception is Latin America, where a separate Star+ streaming service will be launched instead. Star will not be made available in the United States.
- Eastern Europe (later in 2021)
- Hong Kong (later in 2021)
- Japan (later in 2021)
- Latin America (see above)
- New Zealand
- South Korea (later in 2021)
- United Kingdom
Unlike the base Disney+, Star includes 18+ programming. Users can set limits for profiles in the app based on content ratings, using a password PIN to prevent access to the adult accounts. You can also create profile set for to Kids Mode which automatically locks the account to just kid-friendly content, using a new interface of shows and movies recommended for your kids.