Everything You Need to Know About the New DIRECTV NOW Cloud DVR
DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR
After months of testing, DIRECTV NOW launched their much awaited DIRECTV NOW 2.0 App and their True Cloud DVR.
While the DVR is technically still in beta, it has publicly rolled out on Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, iPhone, iPad, Android, and web.
All subscribers get 20 hours of free storage included in their subscription. You will be able to upgrade to 100 hours of storage later this summer for $10 / month.
DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR Overview & Review
- You can record 20 hours to save for up to 30 days (or upgrade to 100 hours later this summer)
- You can fast forward or skip ahead through most recordings
- You can record either an individual episode or an entire series
- You can’t pad events, so you may miss part if they run over their scheduled time
- The recording will start from when you hit record, even if you were already on that channel
How to Set a Recording on DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR on iPhone
How to Set a Recording on DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR on Apple TV
DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR FAQ
How many hours of storage is included with the DIRECTV NOW Cloud DVR?
- The DVR includes 20 hours of recording time and recordings last for 30 days.
- You will be able to upgrade to a 100-hour DVR with recordings that last 90 days this summer ($10 / month).
Can I schedule series recordings on the DIRECTV NOW Cloud DVR?
- The DVR lets you record individual episodes or a series recording.
- You can either schedule all episodes or only new episodes.
Can I fast forward on the DIRECTV NOW Cloud DVR?
- You can fast forward through most recorded content.
- They also give the option to skip back and forth 15 seconds at a time.
Can I pad recordings of live sports or events on DIRECTV NOW Cloud DVR?
- The DVR does not let you extend recordings.
- Your best bet is to record the episode after the event to make sure it gets the full broadcast.
Can I use the DIRECTV NOW True Cloud DVR on my device?
The True Cloud DVR is available on the following devices:
- iPhone & iPads (iOS 10+)
- Android (5.0+)
- Apple TV (4th gen and later)
- Roku (Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, and Roku TV devices)
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen and later)
- Chromecast (2nd gen and later)
- Chrome & Safari